lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Roman Chyla <roman.ch...@gmail.com>
Subject The most efficient way to get un-inverted view of the index?
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2016 00:18:15 GMT
I need to read data from the index in order to build a special cache.
Previously, in SOLR4, this was accomplished with FieldCache or
DocTermOrds

Now, I'm struggling to see what API to use, there is many of them:

on lucene level:

UninvertingReader.getNumericDocValues (and others)
<IndexReader>.getNumericValues()
MultiDocValues.getNumericValues()
MultiFields.getTerms()

on solr level:

reader.getNumericValues()
UninvertingReader.getNumericDocValues()
and extensions to FilterLeafReader - eg. very intersting, but
undocumented facet accumulators (ex: NumericAcc)

I need this for solr, and ideally re-use the existing cache [ie. the
special cache is using another fields so those get loaded only once
and reused in the old solr; which is a win-win situation]

If I use reader.getValues() or FilterLeafReader will I be reading data
every time the object is created? What would be the best way to read
data only once?

Thanks,

--roman