lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Scott Vanderbilt <li...@datagenic.com>
Subject Solr 6.1 Won't Start on Non-bash-Enabled System
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2016 22:21:46 GMT
I'm attempting to upgrade a Solr 4.8.1 instance to 6.1. The host OS is
OpenBSD 6.0.

Attempting to start Solr (as in the on-line QuickStart) with:

   bin/solr start -e cloud -noprompt

fails with the error "env: bash: No such file or directory". Apparently
bin/solr is a bash script. The OpenBSD host I'm using doesn't have bash
installed (and unfortunately, no, I can't install it just for this). The
default shell is ksh.

When I try to use the script I previously used to start the 4.8.1
version, I get the warnings:

    WARNING: System properties and/or JVM args set.  Consider using
      --dry-run or --exec
    WARNING: Nothing to start, exiting ..."

The old startup script looks like this:

    JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/jdk-1.8.0 JAVA=java JETTY_HOME=/var/solr6
      JETTY_PORT=8983 JETTY_LOGS=/var/solr6/logs
      /usr/local/jdk-1.8.0/bin/java -Dsolr.solr.home=/var/solr6/solr
      -Djava.util.logging.config.file=etc/logging.properties
      -DSTOP.PORT=8079 -DSTOP.KEY=abc123 -jar /var/solr6/start.jar
      --daemon &

If I had to guess, something has changed in the version of jetty
included with Solr 6.1.0, but I can't figure out what parameters are
different.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.