lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: SolrCore is loading in the middle of indexing.
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2016 13:30:10 GMT
On 8/23/2016 4:49 AM, Pranaya Behera wrote:
>     In the middle of indexing solrcore gets reloaded and causing 503
> error. Here is the stack trace of the issue.
<snip>
> <title>Error 503
> {metadata={error-class=org.apache.solr.common.SolrException,root-error-class=org.apache.solr.common.SolrException},msg=SolrCore
> is loading,code=503}</title>
<snip>
> By raising this issue the indexing never completes.
> What could be the issue here for the mime type and the core loading.
> I am using 6.1.0 with sorlcloud in 3 instances with 3 zookeeper in
> each instance.

Core reloads don't just happen.  Something is requesting the reload.

If you are using options like the Managed Schema API, that can cause a
core reload, because a reload is necessary in order for a modified
config/schema to become active.

I've checked the update processor used by the data-driven example config
to modify the schema during indexing when unknown fields are
encountered.  I did not see anything in that code that would cause a
reload, which makes sense, because a core reload in the middle of
indexing is a bad thing.  Somebody would have noticed that, and we would
have fixed it.

There is some code or perhaps a person making a request that results in
a core or collection reload.  A bug in Solr is *possible*, but I don't
think that's the problem here.

Another possibility is that one of your SolrCloud instances is getting
completely restarted ... but I think if that were happening, you'd
probably know about it.

Thanks,
Shawn


Mime
View raw message