lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Emir Arnautovic <emir.arnauto...@sematext.com>
Subject Re: commit it taking 1300 ms
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2016 08:59:36 GMT
Hi Midas,

According to your autocommit configuration and your worry about commit
time I assume that you are doing explicit commits from client code and
that 1.3s is client observed commit time. If that is the case, than it
might be opening searcher that is taking time.

How do you index data - single threaded or multithreaded? How frequently
do you commit from client? Can you let Solr do soft commits instead of
explicitly committing? Do you have warmup queries? Is this SolrCloud?
What is number of servers (what spec), shards, docs?

In any case monitoring can give you more info about server/Solr behavior
and help you diagnose issues more easily/precisely. One such monitoring
tool is our SPM <http://sematext.com/spm>.

Regards,
Emir