lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Lorenzo Fundaró <lorenzo.fund...@dawandamail.com>
Subject deploy solr on cloud providers
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2016 16:18:46 GMT
Hi guys,

when deploying solr (in solrcloud mode) in the cloud one has to take care
of storage, and as far as I understand it can be a problem because the
storage should go wherever the node is created. If we have for example, a
node on EC2 with its own persistent disk, this node happens to be the
leader and at some point crashes but couldn't make the replication of the
data that has in the transaction log, how do we do in that case ? Ideally
the new node must use the leftover data that the death node left, but this
is a bit cumbersome in my opinion.

What are the best practices for this ?

thanks in advance.

Lorenzo Fundaro
Backend Engineer
E-Mail: lorenzo.fundaro@dawandamail.com

Fax       + 49 - (0)30 - 25 76 08 52
Tel        + 49 - (0)179 - 51 10 982

DaWanda GmbH
Windscheidstraße 18
10627 Berlin

Geschäftsführer: Claudia Helming und Niels Nüssler
AG Charlottenburg HRB 104695 B http://www.dawanda.com