lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Lorenzo Fundaró <lorenzo.fund...@dawandamail.com>
Subject stateless solr ?
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2016 13:46:49 GMT
Hello guys,

I am trying to run Solr on my infrastructure using docker containers and
Mesos. My problem is that I don't have a shared filesystem. I have a
cluster of 3 shards and 3 replicas (9 nodes in total) so if I distribute
well my nodes I always have 2 fallbacks of my data for every shard. Every
solr node will store the index in its internal docker filesystem. My
problem is that if I want to relocate a certain node (maybe an automatic
relocation because of a hardware failure), I need to create the core
manually in the new node because it's expecting to find the core.properties
file in the data folder and of course it won't because the storage is
ephemeral. Is there a way to make a new node join the cluster with no
manual intervention ?

Thanks in advance !

Lorenzo Fundaro
Backend Engineer
E-Mail: lorenzo.fundaro@dawandamail.com

Fax       + 49 - (0)30 - 25 76 08 52
Tel        + 49 - (0)179 - 51 10 982

DaWanda GmbH
Windscheidstraße 18
10627 Berlin

Geschäftsführer: Claudia Helming, Niels Nüssler und Michael Pütz
AG Charlottenburg HRB 104695 B http://www.dawanda.com