lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr 5.2.0 - support for multiValued field sorting?
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2016 16:50:53 GMT
First answer "what does sorting on a field with more than one value
mean?" Say I have
"aardvark" and "zebra". Where should the doc go, at the beginning or
end of the list?

For numerics at least you can do this, see:
https://lucidworks.com/blog/2015/09/10/minmax-on-multivalued-field/
in Solr 5.3+.

If it's a fixed sort kind of thing an alternative is to extract the
value at index
time that you want to sort by (once you've defined what sorting on this
field means) and put that in a separate, single-valued field.

Best,
Erick

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 5:21 AM, Harsh Darji <harsh882@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> We are using solr 5.2.0. We have requirement to sort dynamic fields which contains multivalued
= true.Can any one guide me how we can achieve it?If newer version of solr supports it we
are ok to upgrade solr.