lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <edwinye...@gmail.com>
Subject Issue with Block Join Parent Query Parser
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2016 07:53:53 GMT
Hi,

I'm using Solr 6.1.0

Would like to find out, can we use the Block Join Parent Query Parser to
filter the parents when I search for a field in the child document?

For example, when I just filter by child query like this, I get 8 results.
q={!parent which="*content_type:parentDocument*"}+range_f:[2 TO 8]

But when I try to filter further by parents as well by this query, I get a
much more number of results.
q=* +title:join *+{!parent which="*content_type:parentDocument*"}+range_f:[2
TO 8]

This results is weird, as by adding an additional filter, the number of
results returned should be further reduced. Like out of the original 8
results, only 2 of them has the title:join, so I should be getting 2
results.

But instead, I am getting records that are neither with the title:join or
range that is between 2 to 8 in my returned result.

What could be wrong here?

Regards,
Edwin