lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chet Rebman <c...@coalliance.org>
Subject SolrCloud not commit documents automatically
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2016 16:01:31 GMT
Hello all,

I am new to SolrCloud. I have read that solrCloud prefers to commit automatically, rather
then recieve commit commands. However solrCloud never commits my documents.

I am running SolrCloud 6.1 with three solr servers and 3 zookeeper instances. I am using CloudSolrClient
with all three zookeeper instances loaded into the constructor. The indexing procedes normally.
After about 80,000 documents I get a ConcurrentModificationException. I believe this error
is the side effect of the documents not being commited. I can wait for an hour and nothing
is ever commited. As soon as I perform a 'update?commit=true' the documents appear and I can
restart indexing as if nothing had happened. My solrconfing contains.

<updateHandler class="solr.DirectUpdateHandler2">
   <autoCommit>
      <maxTime>${solr.autoCommit.maxTime:15000}</maxTime>
      <openSearcher>false</openSearcher>
   </autoCommit>
   <autoSoftCommit>
      <maxTime>${solr.autoSoftCommit.maxTime:-1}</maxTime>
   </autoSoftCommit>
</updateHandler>

My understanding is this should performa a hard commit every 15 seconds.

I uploaded my config files to solrCloud with...
./zkCli.sh -cmd upconfig -zkhost  localhost:2181 -confname XXX  -confdir YYY

tia!

..Chet