lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Ellis, Tom (Financial Markets IT)" <Tom.El...@LloydsBanking.com.INVALID>
Subject Matching all terms in a multiValued field
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2016 10:48:02 GMT
Hi There,

I'm trying to create search component for some document level security. A user will have a
number of tags assigned to them, and these will be passed to the search component which will
add a filter to whatever the user's original query was. Documents will be written with some
or all of the users tags, and the query must only return documents that have a set of tags
that are included in the users tags.

E.g. Alice is authorised to see 'confidential' and 'paid_source'

Bob is only authorised to see 'confidential'

Document 1 has tags confidential and paid_source - Alice should be able to see this document,
but Bob should not.

So if I am creating a query for Bob, how can I write it so that he can't see Document 1? I.e.
how do I create a query that checks the multiValued field for 'confidential' but excludes
documents that have anything else?

Cheers,

Tom Ellis
Consultant Developer - Excelian
Data Lake | Financial Markets IT
LLOYDS BANK COMMERCIAL BANKING
________________________________

E: Tom.Ellis@LloydsBanking.com<mailto:Tom.Ellis@LloydsBanking.com>
Website: www.lloydsbankcommercial.com<http://www.lloydsbankcommercial.com/>
, , ,
Reduce printing. Lloyds Banking Group is helping to build the low carbon economy.
Corporate Responsibility Report: www.lloydsbankinggroup-cr.com/downloads<http://www.lloydsbankinggroup-cr.com/downloads>

Lloyds Banking Group plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland
no. SC95000. Telephone: 0131 225 4555. Lloyds Bank plc. Registered Office: 25 Gresham Street,
London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales no. 2065. Telephone 0207626 1500. Bank of
Scotland plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland no.
SC327000. Telephone: 03457 801 801. Cheltenham & Gloucester plc. Registered Office: Barnett
Way, Gloucester GL4 3RL. Registered in England and Wales 2299428. Telephone: 0345 603 1637

Lloyds Bank plc, Bank of Scotland plc are authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority
and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority.

Cheltenham & Gloucester plc is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Halifax is a division of Bank of Scotland plc. Cheltenham & Gloucester Savings is a division
of Lloyds Bank plc.

HBOS plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland no. SC218813.

This e-mail (including any attachments) is private and confidential and may contain privileged
material. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete it
(including any attachments) immediately. You must not copy, distribute, disclose or use any
of the information in it or any attachments. Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded.