lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Derek Poh <d...@globalsources.com>
Subject Re: moving leader to another replica of a collection?
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2016 05:12:38 GMT
Hi Shawn

Got it.
Will delete all replicas on thatserver first before shutting down solron it.

Thank you,
Derek

On 7/11/2016 9:43 AM, Shawn Heisey wrote:
> On 7/10/2016 7:34 PM, Derek Poh wrote:
>> I need to remove a server from the cluster of serversrunning solr in
>> my production environment. 1of the collection's replica is a leader on
>> this server.
>> The collection is setup as 1shard with 5 replicas. With each replica
>> residing on a physical server.
>>
>> How can I move or assignanother replicaas the leader on another server?
>> Or should I just go ahead and stop the solr process on this server and
>> solr or zookeeper will elect another replicaas leader?
> If you shut down that Solr server, the remaining servers will elect a
> new leader.
>
> There is the preferred leader functionality, but this is really only
> something that's needed if you have a very large number of
> collections/shards and need to distribute the leader roles evenly among
> multiple servers.  For a small number, having leaders concentrated on
> one server does not represent a performance problem.
>
> If the server will be permanently decommissioned, you should probably
> use DELETEREPLICA on the collections API to remove all replicas on that
> server before shutting it down.  That can also initiate leader election.
>
> Thanks,
> Shawn

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please inform
the sender immediately and delete this e-mail (including any attachments) from your computer,
and you must not use, disclose to anyone else or copy this e-mail (including any attachments),
whether in whole or in part.

This e-mail and any reply to it may be monitored for security, legal, regulatory compliance
and/or other appropriate reasons.