lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Andreas Kahl" <k...@bsb-muenchen.de>
Subject Access Solr via Apache's mod_proxy_balancer or mod_jk (AJP)
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2016 09:54:05 GMT
Hello everyone,

we've setup two Solr servers (not SolrCloud) which shall be accessed via
Apache webserver's load balancing (either mod_proxy_balancer or mod_jk).

1. Is it possible to configure Solr >5 to enable an AJP port as this was
the case in earlier versions when running in Tomcat?

2. If AJP/mod_jk is not possible, how should I set up
mod_proxy_balancer? At the moment I run into the error "All workers are
in error state". This is my current Apache config:
<Proxy balancer://solrCluster>
                BalancerMember http://server1:8888
                BalancerMember http://server2:8888
</Proxy>
ProxyPass /solrCluster balancer://solrCluster/solr
ProxyPassReverse /solrCluster balancer://solrCluster/solr

Accessing a single server with a non balanced ReverseProxy works
perfectly, but somehow mod_proxy_balancer's health checks do get
negative responses from Solr. Any ideas what's going wrong? (I already
tried putting /solr into the BalancerMembers to avoid the redirect from
/ to /solr)

Thanks
Andreas