lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From CA ...@it-agenten.com>
Subject Re: Find part of long query in shorter fields
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2016 07:07:00 GMT
Hi Ahmet,

thank you for the link. It helped me to find more resources.

What I still don’t understand, though, is why the edismax returns one of the documents with
a partial hit and not the other:

q=Braun Series 9 9095CC Men's Electric Shaver Wet/Dry with Clean and Renew Charger
// edismax with qf/pf : „name“ and „brand“ field

HIT:
name: "Braun Series Clean&Renew CCR2 Cleansing Dock Cartridges Lemonfresh Formula Cartrige
(Compatible with Series 7,5,3) 2 pc“
brand: Braun

NOT A HIT:
name: "Braun 9095cc Series 9 Electric Shaver“
brand: Braun

(explainOther, schema, solrconfig for this, see my previous e-mail)

I’m still thinking that if I could understand what is happening then it would help me figure
out what the solution for my use case is. Maybe edismax would be perfectly fine with the right
combination of fieldtypes and config values?

Thanks for your input!
Chantal