lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Walter Underwood <wun...@wunderwood.org>
Subject Re: Return docs with only the matched fields for a query
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2016 14:48:51 GMT
I’m not sure you need a custom component. Try using the standard highlighter. Configure hl.simple.pre
and hl.simple.post to be empty strings. Configure it to return one maximum length snippet.
That should return the entire matching fields, though I haven’t tested it.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

> On Jul 12, 2016, at 1:24 AM, Prasanna Josium <prasanna.josium@clustr.co.in> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> My  requirement is in line with https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-3955
> I'm working on a project that has very low network bandwidth for the clients.
> I'm using Solr 4.10
>
> The problem:
> I have ~ 1M documents with multiple fields(~50),  many of them are indexed, stored and
some of them are multivalued.
> Queries are searched across all these fields and often, only a few of the fields have
matching terms in them.

> When I search for a term="Hobbit", I want to return documents only with the matching
fields where "Hobbit" is found.
> All other un matched fields in the result doc shall be dropped from the result set.
>
> Naïve solution:
> The obvious solution I could think of was to implement a custom search component based
on the "Highlighter" component to filter out unwanted fields.