lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Scheffler <thomas.scheff...@uni-jena.de>
Subject filter groups
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2016 08:47:24 GMT
Hi,

I have metadata and file indexed in solr. All have a different id of
cause but share the same value for "returnId" if they belong to the same
metadata that describes a bunch of files (1:n).

When I start a search. I usually use grouping instead of join queries to
keep the information where the hit occurred.

Now there it's getting tricky. I want to filter out groups depending on
a field that is only available on metadata documents: visibility.

I want to search in solr like: "Find all documents containing 'foo'
grouped by returnId, where the metadata visibility is 'public'"

So it should find any 'foo' files but only display the result if the
corresponding metadata documents field visibility='public'.

Faceting also uses just the information inside groups. Can I give SOLR
some information for 'fq' and 'facet.*' to work with my setup?

I am still using SOLR 4.10.5

kind regards

Thomas