lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jamal, Sarfaraz" <Sarfaraz.Ja...@VerizonWireless.com.INVALID>
Subject Question(s) about Highlighting
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2016 18:50:51 GMT
I am having some difficulty understanding how to do something and if it is even possible

I have tried the following sets of Synonyms:

1.  sarfaraz, sas, sasjamal
2.  sasjamal,sas => Sarfaraz

In the second instance, any searches with the world 'sasjamal' do not appear in the results,
as it has been converted to Sarfaraz (I believe) -
In the first instance it works better - I believe all instances of any of those words  appear
in the results. However the highlighted snippets also stop working when any of those words
are
Matched. Is there any documentation, insights or help about this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Sas

-----Original Message-----
From: Shawn Heisey [mailto:apache@elyograg.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 2:43 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: [E] Re: MongoDB and Solr - Massive re-indexing

On 6/2/2016 11:56 AM, Robert Brown wrote:
> My question is whether sending batches of 1,000 documents to Solr is
> still beneficial (thinking about docs that may not change), or if I
> should look at the MongoDB connector for Solr, based on the volume of
> incoming data we see.
>
> Would the connector still see all docs updating if I re-insert them
> blindly, and thus still send all 50m documents back to Solr everyday
> anyway?
>
> Is my setup quite typical for the MongoDB connector?

Sending update requests to Solr containing batches of 1000 docs is a good idea.  Depending
on how large they are, you may be able to send even more than 1000.  If you can avoid sending
documents that haven't changed, Solr will likely perform better and relevance scoring will
be better, because you won't have as many deleted docs.

The mongo connector is not software from the Solr project, or even from Apache.  We don't
know anything about it.  If you have questions about that software, please contact the people
who maintain it.  If their answers lead to questions about Solr itself, then you can bring
those back here.

Thanks,
Shawn