lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From MaryJo Sminkey <mjsmin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr Cloud and Multi-word Synonyms :: synonym_edismax parser
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2016 23:45:52 GMT
Yup that was the issue for us as well. It doesn't seem to be throwing the
class error now, although I have not been able to successfully get back
results that seem to be using it, it's showing up as the deftype in my
params but the QParser in my debug is the normal edismax one. I will have
to play around with my config some more tomorrow and try to figure out what
we're doing wrong.

MJ



On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 6:38 PM, Joe Lawson <
jlawson@opensourceconnections.com> wrote:

> Nothing up until 5.0.4 was distributed on maven central. 5.0 -> 5.0.4 was
> just a bunch of clean up to get it ready for maven (including the namespace
> change).
>
> Being that nearly all docs and articles talking about the plugin reference
> the old 2.0 one could reasonably get confused as to what config to use esp
> when I linked the latest 5.0.4 test config prior.
>
> You can get the older jars from the links off the readme.md.
> On Jun 1, 2016 6:14 PM, "Shawn Heisey" <apache@elyograg.org> wrote:
>
> On 6/1/2016 1:10 PM, John Bickerstaff wrote:
> > @Joe:
> >
> > Is it possible that the jar's package name does not match the entry in
> the
> > sample solrconfig.xml file?
> >
> > The solrconfig.xml example file in the test directory contains the
> > following package name:
> > <queryParser name="synonym_edismax"
> >
>
> class="com.github.healthonnet.search.SynonymExpandingExtendedDismaxQParserPlugin">
> >
> > However, the jar file (when unzipped) has the following directory
> structure
> > down to the same class name:
> >
> > org --> apache --> solr --> search
> >
> > I just tried with the name change to the org.apache.... package name in
> the
> > solrconfig.xml file and got no errors.
>
> Looks like the package name is indeed the problem here.
>
> They changed the package name from org.apache.solr.search to
> com.github.healthonnet.search in the LATEST source code release --
> 5.0.4.  The code in the 5.0.3 version (and the 2.0.0 version indicated
> in the earlier message) uses org.apache.solr.search.
>
> I cannot find any files in the 2.0.0 zipfile download that contain the
> new package name, so I'm curious where the incorrect information on how
> to configure Solr to use the plugin was found.  I did not check the
> tarball download.
>
> Thanks,
> Shawn
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message