lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mark Robinson <mark123lea...@gmail.com>
Subject Load a java class on start up
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2016 14:00:01 GMT
Hi,

I have a java OBJECT which I need to load once.
I have written a java custom component, which I have added in
"last-components" in solrconfig.xml, from which I want to access the above
mentioned OBJECT when each search request comes in.

Is there a way I can load a java object on server/ instance startup?
OR
Load it when the first call comes to SOLR?

For the time being I created that Java object inside the custom component
itself; but it is loaded each time a search request comes in.

Could some one pls give some pointers on how my above requirement can be
achieved in SOLR?

Thanks!
Mark