lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alan G Quan <alan.g.q...@aero.org>
Subject Field Definitions Ignored
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2016 18:37:22 GMT
Solr seems to ignore my field definitions in schema.xml.  I have defined many fields, each
using the standard syntax, e.g.,:
<field name="product_id" type="int" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
These fields are defined but not yet populated with data.  Solr reads the schema.xml with
no problem on startup, and the core using that schema is created successfully, but none of
the fields appear in the Schema Browser.  Is this because the fields are not defined in Solr
until they are initialized with actual document data?

Thank you,
Alan