lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "scott.chu" <scott....@udngroup.com>
Subject Concern of large amount daily update
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2016 02:00:42 GMT

We recently plan to replace a old-school lucene that has 50M docs with Solrcloud but the daily
update, according to the responsive colleague,  could be around 100 thousands docs. Its data
source is a bunch of mysql tables. When implementing the updating workflow, what solud I do
so that I can maintain a fair amount of time when doing updating docs? Currently what I have
in mind are:

1. Use atomic update to avoid unnecessary full-doc update.
2. Run multple of my updating process where each update different range of docs.

Is there other things that I can do to help my issue? Is there any suggestion or expereiences
for preparing appropriate h/w, e.g. CPU or RAM?

scott.chu,scott.chu@udngroup.com
2016/6/7 (週二)