lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "scott.chu" <scott....@udngroup.com>
Subject Re: Can we directly move the solr instance running as standalone to SOLRCLOUD?
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2016 09:57:37 GMT
This is what I guess you can try: If your SolrCloud has only 1 shard, you can first build your
Solrcloud collection (with same schema as your standalone core), say its name is 'mycol',
and then go to the node folder, normally you'll see some subfolder named 'mycol_shard1_replica#.
In this folder, there's the 'data' subfolder. Make a backup of this 'data' folder. Then copy
your data folder of your standalone core. Now Restart SolrCloud (Maybe no need) and try query
the collection mycol on Admin UI.

scott.chu,scott.chu@udngroup.com
2016/6/22 (週三)
----- Original Message -----
From: Preeti Bhat
To: solr-user
CC:
Date: 2016/6/22 (週三) 16:28
Subject: Can we directly move the solr instance running as standalone to SOLRCLOUD?

Hi,

I have a standalone SOLR instance running as a service in Windows, I would like to move towards
the SOLR CLOUD, as it provides various benefits like DR, scalability etc. I would like to
use the same instance or core if possible from the standalone instance to SOLR cloud. Can
we do it? If yes, Is it advisable?

Thanks,
Preeti

NOTICE TO RECIPIENTS: This communication may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this communication in error) please
notify the sender and it-support@shoregrp.com immediately, and destroy this communication.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this communication
is strictly forbidden. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should
check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability

-----
??? AVG ?? - www.avg.com
??: 2015.0.6201 / ???: 4604/12468 - ????: 06/21/16