lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Renaud Delbru <ren...@siren.solutions>
Subject Re: Need Help with Solr 6.0 Cross Data Center Replication
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2016 08:44:44 GMT
Hi,

unfortunately no, I haven't had the time to reproduce your settings with
separated zookeeper instances.

I'll update if I have something.
--
Renaud Delbru

<https://twitter.com/NC4worldwide>

> On 5/19/16, 8:41 AM, "Satvinder Singh" <Satvinder.Singh@nc4.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> So this is what I did:----
>>
>> I created solr as a service. Below are the steps I followed for that:--
>>
>> $ tar xzf solr-X.Y.Z.tgz solr-X.Y.Z/bin/install_solr_service.sh --strip-components=2
>>
>> $ sudo bash ./install_solr_service.sh solr-X.Y.Z.tgz -i /opt/solr1 -d /var/solr1
-u solr -s solr1 -p 8501
>> $ sudo bash ./install_solr_service.sh solr-X.Y.Z.tgz -i /opt/solr2 -d /var/solr2
-u solr -s solr2 -p 8502

>> Then to start it in cloud I modified the solr1.cmd.in and solr2.cmd.in in /etc/defaults/
>> I added ZK_HOST=192.168.56.103:2181,192.168.56.103:2182,192.168.56.103:2183 (192.168.56.103
is where my 3 zookeeper instances are)

>> Then I started the 2 solr services solr1 and solr2
>>
>> Then I created the configset
>> /bin/solr zk -upconfig -z 192.168.56.103:2181,192.168.56.103:2182,192.168.56.103:2183
-n Liferay -d server/solr/configsets/sample_techproducts_configs/conf

>> Then I created the collection using:
>> http://192.168.56.101:8501/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=dingdong&numShards=1&replicationFactor=2&collection.configName=liferay
>> This created fine
>>
>> Then I deleted the solrconfig.xml from the zookeeper Liferay configset
>>
>> Then I uploaded the new solrconfig.xml to the configset.
>>
>> When when I do a reload on the collections I get the error. Or I created a new collection
I get the error.

>> Thanks
>>
>> Satvinder Singh
>>

>> Security Systems Engineer
>> Satvinder.Singh@NC4.com
>> 703.682.6000 x276 direct
>> 703.989.8030 cell
>> www.NC4.com
>>

>> ?

have attached to this mail the config sets I have used.
>> It is simply the sample_techproducts_config configset with your solrconfig.xml.
>>
>> I have used solr 6.0.0 with the following commands:
>>
>> $ ./bin/solr start -cloud
>>
>> $ ./bin/solr create_collection -c test_cdcr -d cdcr_configs
>>
>> Connecting to ZooKeeper at localhost:9983 ...
>> Uploading /solr-6.0.0/server/solr/configsets/cdcr_configs/conf for config test_cdcr
to ZooKeeper at localhost:9983

>> Creating new collection 'test_cdcr' using command:
>> http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=test_cdcr&numShards=1&replicationFactor=1&maxShardsPerNode=1&collection.configName=test_cdcr
>>
>> {
>>    "responseHeader":{
>>      "status":0,
>>      "QTime":5765},
>>    "success":{"127.0.1.1:8983_solr":{
>>        "responseHeader":{
>>          "status":0,
>>          "QTime":4426},
>>        "core":"test_cdcr_shard1_replica1"}}}
>>
>> $ curl http://localhost:8983/solr/test_cdcr/cdcr?action=STATUS
>>
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>> <response>
</response>

>> The difference is that I have used the embedded zookeeper, not a separate ensemble.
>>
>> Could you please provide the commands you used to create the collection ?
>>
>> Kind Regards
>> --
>> Renaud Delbru
>>
>> On 16/05/16 16:55, Satvinder Singh wrote:
>>> I also am using a zk ensemble with 3 nodes on each side.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>>> Satvinder Singh
>>>

>>> Security Systems Engineer
>>> Satvinder.Singh@NC4.com
>>> 703.682.6000 x276 direct
>>> 703.989.8030 cell
>>> www.NC4.com
>>>

>>> ?

a copy of the sample_techproducts_config configset, can created one configset. Then I modified
the solrconfig.xml in there, both for the Target and Source side. And then created the collection,
and I get the errors. I get the error if I create a new collection or try to reload an existing
collection after the solrconfig update.
>>> Attached is the log and configs.
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Satvinder Singh
>>>

>>> Security Systems Engineer
>>> Satvinder.Singh@NC4.com
>>> 703.682.6000 x276 direct
>>> 703.989.8030 cell
>>> www.NC4.com
>>>

>>> ?

request handler and modified the update handler to register the CdcrUpdateLog, then start
Solr in cloud mode and created a new collection using my solr config. The cdcr request handler
starts properly and does not complain about the update log.

>>> Could you provide more background on how to reproduce the issue ? E.g., how do
you create a new collection with the cdcr configuration.
>>> Are you trying to configure CDCR on collections that were created prior to the
CDCR configuration ?

>>> @Erik: I have noticed a small issue in the CDCR page of the reference guide.
In the code snippet in Configuration -> Source Configuration, the <updateHandler>
element is nested within the <requestHandler>.

>>> Thanks
>>> Regards
>>> --
>>> Renaud Delbru

>>> Disclaimer: This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain information which is privileged, confidential, proprietary,
or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or the
person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are strictly
prohibited from disclosing, distributing, copying, or in any way using this message. If you
have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and destroy and delete
any copies you may have received.