lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Allison, Timothy B." <talli...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: Integrating grobid with Tika in solr
Date Thu, 05 May 2016 00:31:13 GMT
Y, integrating Tika is non-trivial.  I think Uwe adds the dependencies with great care by hand
by carefully looking at the dependency tree in Maven and making sure there weren't any conflicts.

-----Original Message-----
From: Shawn Heisey [mailto:apache@elyograg.org]
Sent: Wednesday, May 4, 2016 2:38 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Integrating grobid with Tika in solr

On 5/4/2016 9:21 AM, Betsey Benagh wrote:
> I’m feeling particularly dense, because I don’t see any Tika jars in
> WEB-INF/lib:

Oops. Sorry about that, I forgot that it's all contrib.  That's my mistake, not yours.

The Tika jars are in contrib/extraction/lib, along with a very large number of dependencies.

It turns out that I probably have no idea what I'm talking about.  I cannot find any version
1.12 downloads on Tika's website that are structured the same way as what's in our contrib
directory, so I have no idea how to actually do the manual upgrade.

I seem to remember hearing about people doing a Tika upgrade manually, but I've got no idea
how they did it.

Thanks,
Shawn