lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: backups of analyzingInfixSuggesterIndexDir
Date Thu, 12 May 2016 03:53:27 GMT
Well, it can always be rebuilt from the backed-up index. That suggester
reads the _stored_ fields from the docs to build up the suggester
index. With a lot of documents that could take a very long time though.

If you desperately need it, AFAIK you'll have to back it up whenever
you build it I'm afraid.

Best,
Erick

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 8:30 AM, Oakley, Craig (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C]
<craig.oakley@nih.gov> wrote:
> I have a client whose Solr installation creates a analyzingInfixSuggesterIndexDir directory
besides index and tlog. I notice that this analyzingInfixSuggesterIndexDir is not included
in backups (created by replication?command=backup). Is there a way to include this? Or does
it not need to be backed-up?