lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Georg Sorst <georg.so...@gmail.com>
Subject How to enable JMX to monitor Jetty
Date Sat, 21 May 2016 10:59:28 GMT
Hi list,

how do I correctly enable JMX in Solr 6 so that I can monitor Jetty's
thread pool?

The first step is to set ENABLE_REMOTE_JMX_OPTS="true" in bin/solr.in.sh.
This will give me JMX access to JVM properties (garbage collection, class
specific properties.

I've tried manually adding jetty-jmx.xml from the jetty 9 distribution to
server/etc/ and then starting Solr with 'java ... start.jar
etc/jetty-jmx.xml'. This works fine and gives me access to the right
properties, but seems wrong. I could similarly copy the contents of
jetty-jmx.xml into jetty.xml but this is not much better either.

Is there a correct way for this?

Thanks!
Georg