lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From John Bickerstaff <j...@johnbickerstaff.com>
Subject Re: solr.StrField or solr.StringField?
Date Tue, 03 May 2016 20:14:36 GMT
I'm assuming it's another "class" or data type that someone built - but I'm
afraid I don't know any more than that.

An alternative possibility (supported by at least one of the links on that
page you linked) is that it's just a typo -- people typing quickly and
forgetting the exact (truncated) spelling of the field.

In that case, it's talking about using it for faceting and IIRC, you want a
non-analyzed field for that - preserve it exactly as it is for facet
queries -- that suggests to me that the author actually meant StrField

<begin quote>

I might want to index the same data differently in three different fields
(perhaps using the Solr copyField
<http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SchemaXml#Copy_Fields> directive):

   - For searching: Tokenized, case-folded, punctuation-stripped:
      - schildt / herbert / wolpert / lewis / davies / p
   - For sorting: Untokenized, case-folded, punctuation-stripped:
      - schildt herbert wolpert lewis davies p
   -

   For faceting: Primary author only, using a solr.StringField:
   - Schildt, Herbert

Then when the user drills down on the "Schildt, Herbert" string I would
reissue the query with an added fq=author:"Schild, Herbert" parameter.