lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Scott Chu" <scott....@udngroup.com>
Subject What to do best when expaning from 2 nodes to 4 nodes? (fix typo) [scottchu]
Date Mon, 23 May 2016 14:58:30 GMT

Sorry for the typo. I rewrite my question again:

I just created a 90gb index collection with 1 shard and 2 replicas on 2 nodes. I am to migrate
from 2 nodes to 4 nodes. I am wondering what's the best strategy to split this single shard?
Furthermore, if I am ok to reindex, what's the best adequate experienced values of numShards
and replicationFactor? Lastly, If I add new shard(s), I think there's no other way but reindex
if I want my data to be evenly distributed into every shard, right?

Scott Chu,scott.chu@udngroup.com
2016/5/23 (週一)