lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Douglas McGilvray ...@weemondo.com>
Subject Debugging NullPointerException in QueryComponent.mergeIds for cross core search
Date Mon, 16 May 2016 18:48:04 GMT

Hi, I am having trouble performing a search across multiple cores on a single server running
5.4.0

I have erased, rebuilt & optimized the indexes, and  and according to the schema browser
for both cores, every document has a unique key (id). However I am still getting the same
error. I would appreciate any suggestions as to how I might resolve this. FWIW I do have child
documents in my index, although all of these have a unique id too.

Query ran:
http://localhost:8984/solr/som/select?q=*%3A*&shards=localhost:8984/solr/som,localhost:8984/solr/demo&shards.qt=/query

<response>
<lst name="error">
<str name="trace">
java.lang.NullPointerException at org.apache.solr.handler.component.QueryComponent.mergeIds(QueryComponent.java:1037)
at org.apache.solr.handler.component.QueryComponent.handleRegularResponses(QueryComponent.java:757)
at org.apache.solr.handler.component.QueryComponent.handleResponses(QueryComponent.java:736)
at org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler.handleRequestBody(SearchHandler.java:406)
at

Full error message: https://justpaste.it/uccw