lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From james <ja...@weatherbadger.com>
Subject SuggestComponent and edismax type boosting
Date Wed, 25 May 2016 22:40:55 GMT
Hi

I'm setting up an autosuggester for Geonames location data with Solr
6.0.0, and have followed something like
https://lucidworks.com/blog/2015/03/04/solr-suggester/

I can rank results with "weightField" for population, but I wonder if is
it possible to further boost/rank the results based on the content of
other (country text code) fields. I have done this through EDISMAX which
boosts my standard select? results according to 3 other fields
(population/country/featureCode) but I can't get it to work with
SuggestComponent.

Could/should I somehow populate a weightField as a combination of the 3
boosting fields?

Is this possible, or am I best off indexing with Ngrams like this:
http://www.andornot.com/blog/post/Advanced-autocomplete-with-Solr-Ngrams-and-Twitters-typeaheadjs.aspx

Thoughts most welcome.

Thanks
James