lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Charlie Hull <char...@flax.co.uk>
Subject Re: dtSearch parser & Introduction
Date Fri, 13 May 2016 09:41:14 GMT
On 12/05/2016 23:50, Brandon Miller wrote:
> Hello, all!  I'm a BloombergBNA employee and need to obtain/write a
> dtSearch parser for solr (and probably a bunch of other things a little
> later).
> I've looked at the available parsers and thought that the surround parser
> may do the trick, but it apparently doesn't like nested N or W subqueries.
> I looked at XmlQueryParser and I'm most impressed with it from a
> functionality perspective.  I liked the SpanQueries, but I either don't
> understand SpanNot or it has a bug for the exclude.
> At the end of the day, we will need to continue to support dtSearch
> syntax.  I may as well just bite the bullet and write the dtSearch parser
> and include it as a patch for Solr.

Hi Brandon,

We have a version of a dtSearch/Lucene query parser written a few years
ago:
http://www.flax.co.uk/blog/2012/04/24/dtsolr-an-open-source-replacement-for-the-dtsearch-closed-source-search-engine/

It would need some work to bring it up to date with the latest version
of Solr (which is why we're not offering it for download any more), but
it would save you a lot of time. We've also built parsers for Verity's
query language and some others - just so you're warned, writing parsers
isn't an easy task for a beginner, often to support what looks like a
simple query in your old language can involve some quite complex work on
the Lucene side.

Best

Charlie

--