lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ahmet Arslan <iori...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: how can we use multi term search along with stop words
Date Thu, 26 May 2016 11:26:57 GMT
Hi Bhat,

What do you mean by multi term search?
In your first e-mail, your example uses quotes, which means phrase/proximity search.

ahmet

On Thursday, May 26, 2016 11:49 AM, Preeti Bhat <preeti.bhat@shoregrp.com> wrote:
HI All,

Sorry for asking the same question again, but could someone please advise me on this.

Thanks and Regards,
Preeti Bhat

From: Preeti Bhat
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 2:22 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: how can we use multi term search along with stop words

HI,

I am trying to search the field named company_nm with value "Google llc". We have the stopword
on "llc", so when I try to search it returns 0 results. Could anyone please guide me through
the process of using stopwords in multi term search.

Please note I am using solr 6.0.0 and using standard parser.

<fieldType name="string_ci" class="solr.TextField">
  <analyzer type="index">
                <filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory" words="stopwords.txt" ignoreCase="true"/>
  </analyzer>
  <analyzer type="query">
                <filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory" words="stopwords.txt" ignoreCase="true"/>
  </analyzer>
  <!-- No analysis at all when doing queries that involved Multi-Term expansion -->
  <analyzer type="multiterm">
    <tokenizer class="solr.KeywordTokenizerFactory" />
  </analyzer>
</fieldType>
<field name="company_nm" type="string_ci" indexed="true" stored="true"/>

Thanks and Regards,
Preeti Bhat

NOTICE TO RECIPIENTS: This communication may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this communication in error) please
notify the sender and it-support@shoregrp.com immediately, and destroy this communication.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this communication
is strictly forbidden. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should
check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability