lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Solr 5.4.1 Mergeindexes duplicate rows
Date Fri, 06 May 2016 16:24:48 GMT
On 5/6/2016 9:47 AM, Kalpana wrote:
> I am trying to create a new core by merging two indexes. All of them have
> the same schema and data on the cores do not have duplicates. As soon as I
> do a merge I see lots of duplicates. I used this for merging :
> http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/cores?action=mergeindexes&core=Sitecore_SharePoint&srcCore=sitecore_web_index&srcCore=SharePoint_All

Merging indexes happens 100% at the Lucene level.  Lucene does not have
the concept of a uniqueKey -- this is a concept added and enforced by
Solr.  Merging has zero ability to eliminate duplicates.

If the same uniqueKey value is in both indexes, you will have duplicate
records after merging.

The documentation doesn't go into very much detail on this topic, but it
DOES say that the indexes which you are merging must not include
duplicate documents:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Merging+Indexes

Thanks,
Shawn