lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Sara Woodmansee <swood...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Singular Plural Results Inconsistent - SOLR v3.6 and EnglishMinimalStemFilterFactor
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2016 15:39:25 GMT
Hi Shawn,

No clue what PHP client they are using.

Thanks for the info!

Sara

> On Apr 15, 2016, at 10:35 AM, Shawn Heisey <apache@elyograg.org> wrote:
>
> On 4/15/2016 8:15 AM, Sara Woodmansee wrote:
>> When I suggested the developer consider upgrading to v5.5 or 6.0 (from v3.6), this
was their response.  It’s clear that upgrading is not going to happen any time soon.

>> Developer response:  "But to use SOLR 5, there is a need to find a stable and reliable
php client. And until very recent time there were no release. In other case we would have
to write PHP client itself.  Then we would have to rewrite integration API with a software,
because API very likely has changed. And then make changes to every single piece of code in
backend and frontend of our system that is tied up with search functionality in any way. “

>> — I would still like to know (from you folks) if the “stable PHP client” issue
still holds true?  Perhaps that is not an easy question.