lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From John Bickerstaff <j...@johnbickerstaff.com>
Subject Re: Saving Solr filter query.
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2016 21:31:36 GMT
Right...  You can store that anywhere - but at least consider not storing
it in your existing SOLR collection just because it's there...  It's not
really the same kind of data -- it's application meta-data and/or
user-specific data...

Getting it out later will be more difficult than if you store it
separately...

A relational data store is ideal for this kind of thing - especially if
it's associated with a user and you're already storing user data in an
RDBMS.  It's just a string...

Alternatively, a "user" document or a "saved search" document in another
Solr collection could hold the data...