lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From John Blythe <j...@curvolabs.com>
Subject using tokens to influence boost and score rather than filtering
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2016 13:36:20 GMT
hi all,

i'm trying to do something similar to a simple fq=x on my query. i'm using
the regular ol' select handler. instead of blocking out all items not
related to x via the filter query i'd like to simply give them priority.

is there a way to do this? it seems like the dismax bq function may be
similar, but 1) i'd like to be certain before proceeding, 2) i'd prefer
even more to stick w my vanilla query processing instead of migrating to
dismax, at least for the near term.

thanks for any pointers

best,

--