lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Davis, Daniel (NIH/NLM) [C]" <daniel.da...@nih.gov>
Subject Remedial Map-Reduce logic
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2016 21:01:41 GMT
Well, it's been a long time since I took any data structures and algorithms course (2000, basically),
and after the recent Solr 6 feature chat, I was very curious whether there was real computational
goodness behind the move towards a JDBC interface based on Streaming Expressions.   This led
me to stuff I should have read a long, long time ago:

http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?doid=1629175.1629197

So, yes, Solr providing Streaming Expressions and JDBC is a powerful good thing.

Dan Davis, Systems/Applications Architect (Contractor),
Office of Computer and Communications Systems,
National Library of Medicine, NIH