lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Davis, Daniel (NIH/NLM) [C]" <daniel.da...@nih.gov>
Subject Streaming with facets
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2016 20:48:28 GMT
So, can someone clarify how faceting works with streaming expressions?

I can see how document search can return documents as it finds them, using any particular
ordering desired - just a parse tree of query operators with priority queues (or something
more complicated) within each query operator, so you really get the best match as you go for
as long as you continue.

For facet values, without knowing Solr's internals, my intuition is that Solr could stream
unique facet values, but not counts of matching documents.

Even when I put on my user hat - I don't see how the Streaming API can return both facet values
and documents, it looks like it is either documents or facet values as results.

Dan Davis, Systems/Applications Architect (Contractor),
Office of Computer and Communications Systems,
National Library of Medicine, NIH