lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Bastien Latard - MDPI AG <lat...@mdpi.com.INVALID>
Subject Generic questions - increase performance
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2016 07:50:25 GMT
Dear Folks, :-)

 From this source
<https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/http.html>, I read:
"Each incoming request requires a thread [...] If still more
simultaneous requests (more than maxThreads) are received, they are
stacked up inside the server socket"

I have a couple of generic questions.

1) *How would the increase of maxThreads will behave with RAM usage?
e.g.: if I increase by 2, would it be twice more?*

2) *What's the defaults values of maxThreads and maxConnections?*
This post <http://stackoverflow.com/a/25765451/5165343> says
"maxConnections=10,000 and maxThreads=200"

3) Here is my config (/etc/tomcat7/server.xml):
     <Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
                connectionTimeout="20000"
                URIEncoding="UTF-8"
                redirectPort="8443" />
*Is there a way to kill the request if someone make a big query (e.g.:
50 seconds), but either close the connection or get a timeout after 5
seconds?**(or is it default behavior?)
*
Thanks!

Kind regards,