lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Bastien Latard - MDPI AG <lat...@mdpi.com.INVALID>
Subject Cache problem
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2016 13:39:14 GMT
Dear Solr experts :),

I read this very interesting post 'Understanding and tuning your Solr
caches <https://teaspoon-consulting.com/articles/solr-cache-tuning.html>' !
This is the only good document that I was able to find after searching
for 1 day!

/I was using Solr for 2 years without knowing in details what it was
caching...(because I did not need to understand it before).//
//I had to take a look since I needed to restart (regularly) my tomcat
in order to improve performances.../

But I now have 2 questions:
1) *How can I know how much RAM is my solr using* *in real* (especially
for caching)?
2) Could you have a quick look into the following images and tell me if
I'm doing something wrong?

Note: my index contains 66 millions of articles with several text fields
stored.

/My solr contains several cores (all together are ~80Gb big), but almost
only the one below is used./

I have the feeling that a lot of data is always stored in RAM...and
getting bigger and bigger all the time...

(after restart)
/$ sudo tail -f /var/log/tomcat7/catalina.out | grep GC/

[...] after a few minutes

Here are some images, that can show you some stats about my Solr
performances...

Kind regards,
Bastien Latard