lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Rose, Stuart J" <Stuart.R...@pnnl.gov>
Subject RE: using custom analyzer on SolrCloud
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2016 21:24:41 GMT
Thanks that simplifies things!

Creating a lib folder under solr home and placing the customanalyzer.jar there works for me
:)

I also had to change how I start solr and create the collection, here are the steps I followed
after copying 'basic_configs' to 'tdt_configs' in the solr/configsets folder:

	bin/solr start -cloud
	bin/solr create_collection -c tdt2 -d tdt2_configs -shards 2
	bin/solr stop -all
	bin/solr start -cloud
	bin/solr healthcheck -c tdt2
	curl 'http://localhost:8983/solr/tdt2/schema/fields?wt=json'

Stuart

-----Original Message-----
From: Shawn Heisey [mailto:apache@elyograg.org]
Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2016 8:04 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: using custom analyzer on SolrCloud

On 4/2/2016 9:04 PM, Rose, Stuart J wrote:
> I am trying to setup on my dev workstation a small SolrCloud in order to assess the faceting
capability in Solr 5.5 and I have several questions.

> First some context:
> I need to be able to add a field that uses a custom analyzer.
>
> In a perfect world I would be able to just drop the 'customanalyzer.jar' somewhere in
the solr folder and trigger zookeeper to propagate that to the various cores. As I have not
seen any mention of how to do that in the ref guide or online I am assuming I really do need
to use the blob store thingy which is unfortunate.

On every server, create a "lib" directory in the Solr home.  Where this lives will depend
on exactly how you installed Solr and how you're starting it.  Normally your core instanceDirs
will be in the Solr home.

Copy your jar into that lib directory.  It will be loaded once when Solr starts, and will
be available to every core on that machine.  No "lib"
config elements are necessary, and trying to load jars from this directory will probably break
those jars, because then they would be loaded twice.

Alternately you could use the blob store, but I have no idea how to do it, or which version
of Solr includes that feature.

Thanks,
Shawn