lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jay Parashar <BParas...@slb.com>
Subject RE: Solr Support for BM25F
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2016 16:58:50 GMT
To use per-field similarity you have to add <similarity class="solr.SchemaSimilarityFactory"/>
to your schema.xml file:
And then in individual fields you can use the BM25 with different k1 and b.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Cawley [mailto:david.cawley5@mail.dcu.ie]
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2016 11:42 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Solr Support for BM25F

Hello,
I am developing an enterprise search engine for a project and I was hoping to implement BM25F
ranking algorithm to configure the tuning parameters on a per field basis. I understand BM25
similarity is now supported in Solr but I was hoping to be able to configure k1 and b for
different fields such as title, description, anchor etc, as they are structured documents.
I am fairly new to Solr so any help would be appreciated. If this is possible or any steps
as to how I can go about implementing this it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

David

Current Solr Version 5.4.1