lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From shamik <sham...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MLT Query Parser
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2016 17:07:05 GMT
Thanks Alessandro, that answers my doubt. in a nutshell, to make MLT Query
parser work, you need to know the document id. I'm just curious as why this
constraint has been added. This will not work for a bulk of use cases. For
e.g. if we are trying to generate MLT based on a text or a keyword, how
would I ever use this API ? My initial impression was that this was designed
to work on a distributed mode.

Now, this adds up a follow-up question as in which one is the right approach
in a solr cloud mode. "mlt"request handler is off the equation since it's
not supported. That leaves with MoreLikeThisComponent which has a known
issue with performance. Is that the only availble solution then ?