lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From xavi jmlucjav <jmluc...@gmail.com>
Subject issues using BlendedInfixLookupFactory in solr5.5
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2016 17:04:24 GMT
Hi,

I have been working with
AnalyzingInfixLookupFactory/BlendedInfixLookupFactory in 5.5.0, and I have
a number of questions/comments, hopefully I get some insight into this:

- Doc not complete/up-to-date:
    - blenderType param does not accept 'linear' value, it did in 5.3. I
commented it out as it's the default.
    - it should be mentioned contextField must be a stored field
- if the field used is whitespace tokenized, and you search for 'one t',
the suggestions are sorted by weight, not score. So if you give a constant
score to all docs, you might get this:
    1. one four two
    2. one two four
  Would taking the score into account (something not done yet but could be
done according to something I saw in code/jira) return 2,1 instead of 1,2?
My guess is it would, correct?
- what would we need to return the score too? Could it be done easily?
along with the payload or something.
- would it be possible to make BlendedInfixLookupFactory allow for some
fuzziness a la FuzzyLookupFactory?
- when building a big suggester, it can take a long time, you just send a
request with suggest.build=true and wait. Is there any possible way to
monitor the progress of this? I did not find one.
- for weightExpression, one typical use case would be to provide the users'
lat/lon to weight the suggestions by proximity, is this somehow feasible?
What would be needed?
- does SolrCloud totally support suggesters? If so does each shard build
its own suggester and it works just like a normal distributed search ?
- I filled SOLR-8928 suggest.cfq does not work with
DocumentExpressionDictionaryFactory/weightExpression as I found that combo
not working.

regards
xavi