lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Modassar Ather <modather1...@gmail.com>
Subject Understanding parsed queries.
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2016 07:22:05 GMT
Hi,

Kindly help me understand the parsed queries of following three queries.
How these parsed queries can be interpreted for boolean logic.
Please ignore the boost part.

*Query : *fl:term1 OR fl:term2 AND fl:term3
*"parsedquery_toString" : *"boost(+(fl:term1 +fl:term2
+fl:term3),int(doc_wt))",
*matches : *50685

The above query seems to be ignoring the fl:term1 as the result of fl:term2
AND fl:term3 is exactly 50685.

*Query : *fl:term1 OR (fl:term2 AND fl:term3)
*parsedquery_toString:* "boost(+(fl:term1 (+fl:term2
+fl:term3)),int(doc_wt))",
*matches : *809006

*Query : *(fl:term1 OR fl:term2) AND fl:term3
*parsedquery_toString:* "boost(+(+(fl:term1 fl:term2)
+fl:term3),int(doc_wt))",
*matches : *293949

Per my understanding the terms having + is a must and must be present in
the document whereas a term without it may or may not be present but query
one seems to be ignoring the first term completely.
How the outer plus defines the behavior. E.g. *outer +* in query +(fl:term1
+fl:term2 +fl:term3)

Thanks,
Modassar