lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
Subject How is _rest_managed.json used?
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2016 23:19:09 GMT
Hello,

What is _rest_managed.json actually for? I can see the mechanics in
the Ref Guide and even found where it is managed by source code. But I
cannot figure out how it actually fits into a workflow.

It seems to be a registry of REST managed components (e.g. synonyms)
for when they are NOT declared through schema.xml/dynamic-schema. But
then what? How are they used then? It seems it is somehow connected to
Schema API, but I am hitting a conceptual gap on specifics.

Also, the Ref Guide about this ( ) talks about /config/managed
endpoint which I get 404 with.

This is for Solr 5.5.

Regards,
   Alex