lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Matt Kuiper <matt.kui...@issinc.com>
Subject RE: Reload or Reload and Solr Restart
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2016 16:53:39 GMT
Based on what I have read, it looks like only a collection reload is needed for the scenario
below and for that matter for applying any modifications to the solrconfig.xml.

Matt

From: Matt Kuiper
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2016 10:26 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Reload or Reload and Solr Restart

Hi,

I am preparing for a Production install.  In this release we will be moving from an AutoSuggest
feature based on the Suggestor component to one based on an Ngram approach.  We will perform
a re-index of the source data.

[<https://lucidworks.slack.com/archives/iss/p1458744017000058>
After updating the Solr config for each collection a collection reload (via the Solr collection
api) will be executed. My question is whether this reload will clear the memory used by the
Suggestor component or if a Solr restart on each Solr node will be necessary to clear the
in-memory structure that was previously used by the Suggestor component.

Thanks,
Matt