lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Matt Kuiper <matt.kui...@issinc.com>
Subject RE: Solr 4.10 Suggestor
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2016 22:05:26 GMT
Thanks Erick!  After I posted, I did wonder if Solr would be available prior to the build completing.

Yes, soon looking to move to a different approach (ngrams), even though currently the corpus
is small.

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Erick Erickson [mailto:erickerickson@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2016 3:53 PM
To: solr-user <solr-user@lucene.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Solr 4.10 Suggestor

The log files will have messages, but nothing that I know of programmatically.

Solr won't accept any requests if it's building on startup until the build is done though.
And prior to 5.1 specifying the buildOnStartup=false was ignored. See SOLR-6679. That JIRA
just took the suggester out of solrconfig.xml, it wasn't until SOLR-6845

IMO, this pretty much makes suggester unusable for a large corpus.

Erick

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 2:35 PM, Matt Kuiper <matt.kuiper@issinc.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> Using the Suggestor component and running Solr 4.10.  I have read that on Solr startup
(or commit, depending on config) the building of the Suggestor can be CPU intensive and take
some time.  Does anyone know how to determine that the Suggestor has completed it's build?
 Something to look for in the logs?