lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "G, Rajesh" ...@cebglobal.com>
Subject Text search NGram
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2016 10:44:35 GMT
Hi Team,

We have the blow type and we have indexed the value  "title": "Microsoft Visual Studio 2006"
and "title": "Microsoft Visual Studio 8.0.61205.56 (2005)"

When I search for title:(Microsoft Visual AND Studio AND 2005)  I get Microsoft Visual Studio
8.0.61205.56 (2005) as the second record and  Microsoft Visual Studio 2006 as first record.
I wanted to have Microsoft Visual Studio 8.0.61205.56 (2005) listed first since the user has
searched for Microsoft Visual Studio 2005. Can you please help?.

We are using NGram so it takes care of misspelled or jumbled words[it works as expected]
e.g.
searching Micrs Visual Studio will gets Microsoft Visual Studio
searching Visual Microsoft Studio will gets Microsoft Visual Studio

  <fieldType name="txt_token" class="solr.TextField" positionIncrementGap="0" >
                <analyzer type="index">
                                <charFilter class="solr.PatternReplaceCharFilterFactory"
pattern="\s+" replacement=" "/>
                                <filter class="solr.NGramFilterFactory" minGramSize="2"
maxGramSize="800"/>
                </analyzer>
                 <analyzer type="query">
                                <charFilter class="solr.PatternReplaceCharFilterFactory"
pattern="\s+" replacement=" "/>
                                <filter class="solr.NGramFilterFactory" minGramSize="2"
maxGramSize="800"/>
                </analyzer>
  </fieldType>

Corporate Executive Board India Private Limited. Registration No: U741040HR2004PTC035324.
Registered office: 6th Floor, Tower B, DLF Building No.10 DLF Cyber City, Gurgaon, Haryana-122002,
India..

This e-mail and/or its attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee(s) and may
contain confidential and legally privileged information belonging to CEB and/or its subsidiaries,
including CEB subsidiaries that offer SHL Talent Measurement products and services. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and immediately, destroy all
copies of this email and its attachments. The publication, copying, in whole or in part, or
use or dissemination in any other way of this e-mail and attachments by anyone other than
the intended person(s) is prohibited.