lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "G, Rajesh" ...@cebglobal.com>
Subject RE: FW: Difference Between Tokenizer and filter
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 16:55:07 GMT
Thanks for your email Koji. Can you please explain what is the role of tokenizer and filter
so I can understand why I should not have two tokenizer in index and I should have at least
one tokenizer in query?

My understanding is tokenizer is used to say how the content should be indexed physically
in file system. Filters are used to query result

Corporate Executive Board India Private Limited. Registration No: U741040HR2004PTC035324.
Registered office: 6th Floor, Tower B, DLF Building No.10 DLF Cyber City, Gurgaon, Haryana-122002,
India.

This e-mail and/or its attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee(s) and may
contain confidential and legally privileged information belonging to CEB and/or its subsidiaries,
including CEB subsidiaries that offer SHL Talent Measurement products and services. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and immediately, destroy all
copies of this email and its attachments. The publication, copying, in whole or in part, or
use or dissemination in any other way of this e-mail and attachments by anyone other than
the intended person(s) is prohibited.

-----Original Message-----
From: Koji Sekiguchi [mailto:koji.sekiguchi@rondhuit.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 2, 2016 8:10 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: FW: Difference Between Tokenizer and filter

Hi,

can have zero or more <filter/>s. From the point of view of the rules, your <analyzer
type="index">...</analyzer> is not correct because it has more than one <tokenizer/>
and <analyzer type="query"> ...</analyzer> is not correct as well because it has
no <tokenizer/>.

Koji

On 2016/03/02 20:25, G, Rajesh wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> Can you please clarify the below. My understanding is tokenizer is used to say how the
content should be indexed physically in file system. Filters are used to query result. The
blow lines are from my setup. But I have seen eg that include filters inside <analyzer
type=”index”> and tokenizer in <analyzer type=”query”> that confused me.

>                  <fieldType name="customSearch" class="solr.TextField" positionIncrementGap="100"
>
>                                  <analyzer type="index">
>                                     <tokenizer class="solr.LowerCaseTokenizerFactory"/>
>                                     <tokenizer class="solr.StandardTokenizerFactory"/>
>                                     <tokenizer class="solr.NGramTokenizerFactory"
minGramSize="2" maxGramSize="2"/>