lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: SolrJ Indexing
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2016 13:41:21 GMT
On 3/24/2016 4:06 AM, fabigol wrote:
> I know doint that for DIH but with solrJ i don't know. Must i use the
> annotations as @Field...?
>
> Moreover, i create a new project solr with the same XML Files - copy conf
> directory - and oddly the Indexing is much faster and not a little 100 time
> more quick.

I can't figure out exactly what you're saying here.  I'll respond as
best I can.

I have no idea how to use the annotations with SolrJ.  I just construct
SolrInputDocument objects, put them in a List, and send them to Solr
using the add() method.

There could be any number of reasons that this other indexing you're
talking about is faster, and you haven't given enough information to
know what might be happening.  Does it still go 100 times as fast if you
let the index grow to the same size as the other one?

Thanks,
Shawn